Code of Professional Conduct for Freelance Court Reporting Firm Owners
- Be clear on firm's payment policies to reporters and adhere to them.
- Give training, when necessary, to CSRs in all aspects of reporting including technology and statutes affecting reporters.
- Explain guidelines of reporting assignments and calendar considerations to reporters.
- Provide quality assurance in production of transcripts.
- Provide a competent, cooperative and pleasant administrative and production staff.
- Provide a pleasant working environment within the office.
- Keep up with and embrace technology.
- Be available to staff reporters for questions and concerns.
- Conduct yourself and your business in a professional manner.
- Provide constructive feedback to the individual reporter when a complaint/acknowledgement has been received by a client.